Tuesday, January 10, 2012

GOODBYE

Tomorrow I start a new job in my mental career. As for this place, goodbye.

 
                                  goodbye
 

Goodbye to all those early years-the just starting out adventures. Those packed briefcases with enough memories to populate a small business card. That is long behind me now. Getting rusty, slightly.
Goodbye promotions and raises. I still have debt, so I don't think you ever really came through for me.
Goodbye pantyhose from isle 3 that were hardly ever on sale.
Goodbye sitting position that resembled a mostly frozen owl with no facial expressions.
Goodbye to seeing the world out this window, this window that shares so many worlds-worlds I always watched.
Goodbye coffee at half past nine and quarter to three.
Goodbye ideas. You quit coming my way and its been too long.
Nothing else.

Auto reply:
SIR IAC has turned off the lights, is taking the stairs, and will be at the corner of 8th and Yoakum at Really's Bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment