I woke up today not feeling so great. I had an ache in my head, an uneasy stomach, and just really wasn't ready for twenty four hours. I thought about canceling the day, but figured I'd get put on hold for way too long, and I really can't stand that boring music while waiting. Oh well, I muttered, at least I know not to order this particular day again.
I sat on my couch and slowly tried to wake up. Suddenly, I heard some movement outside my door. Oh great I thought, company. Turns out it was. It all happened way to fast for me.
Several red leaves, and a yellow one, were standing there probably expecting me to buy something. I hate jumping to conclusions, but when this kind of thing happens this early in the morning, I figure they mean business. Maybe they were selling religon, I don't really know. They didn't wear cologne which was my first sign I couldn't trust them, and they didn't dress up at all. It might seem a bit stereotypical but I have a hard time sorting through moments like these when there are so many red flags. The introduction was way to awkward for me to get past. I just stared at them, glazed eyes and all. I watched the one on the left longer than the one on the right because he seemed way to busy for a leaf. I figured it had gotten a job promotion and couldn't wait to leave me, text message his landlord and break the news of moving to Boston. Yup, way to busy for a leaf, it didn't add up to me.
We didn't really say anything to each other, which is how I always thought I was supposed to handle situations like this. Let them make the first move. I played the shy card, and they for all I know, were using it as part of their sales pitch. It sure made it uncomfortable-the silence. I figured ignoring them would work best, and I stepped further outside to watch the sun kiss the roof of my Jeep.
I'm not sure if I intimidated them or not, but it wasn't long before I saw them headed to my neighbors house, and rudely of course, hit their door. I thought about how sore their bodies must be from floating around and crashing into things. It seemed a little self destructive, and yet they didn't seem to be the learning kind. They kept at it for quite some time, going from house to house. Then I thought, perhaps they were on tour, or even trick-or-treating on the wrong day. I wish I had thought of that sooner and voluntarily offered candy...
Hopefully, they don't spread the word I'm stingy.
`SIR IAC

Hahahahahhahahahaha.
ReplyDeletethank you for this every day