This blog is going to be long...quite long
9.19.11
Somehow or another, it had decided to welcome itself into my home, not pay rent, leave it's nasty residue all over my carpet, and for all I know move in.
We never met, at least officially. I only can speculate it intentions. I have to confess, I'm not socially good with insects. They stutter too much, slur their L’s and have short attention spans. I get bored just thinking of how we'd connect.
It could have been a vacation it was taking, trying to leave the hustle and bustle of the outdoors, and venture to a place of slowed down living. I think this is probably a pretty accurate guess because when I saw it today, it leisurely was en route for my living room. Effortlessly, it climbed my couch and sat. I'm sure he thought my couch was the perfect way to spend an afternoon. I don't know if it was going to watch T.V., color a picture out of the book nearby, or maybe it thought it would lazily lay back, cross it's legs and yell for a beer and a few peanuts.
I forgot about the cricket after being distracted by a phone call. A few hours later, I noticed it was keeled over dead under my coffee table. Talk about panic, was it a homicide, suicide, heart attack, where are the experts in times like these? In it's wallet no contact number, no signs of a lover. We never saw each other again.
` SIR IAC

I can't stop laughing! Super funny! Genius...
ReplyDelete